TransVoyant is seeking a self-starting Infrastructure Engineer with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a nimble and fast-paced Agile development environment. The ideal candidate must have a desire to take on new challenges and learn quickly–working well in a team environment, as well as individually.
This role is critical in ensuring we provide a stable, reliable, and secure environment for our applications and tools, and our customers’ data. You will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring existing deployments, creating new tools and processes for automating and streamlining deployments, and ensuring a compliant and secure architecture.
- Help build the infrastructure of our next-generation dynamic event processing and data science platform
- Take ownership of assigned development tasks and deliver them to completion on time and with attention to detail
- Create new and upgrade existing automated deployment tooling
- Monitor running systems
- Investigate and resolve or escalate problems with running systems
- Ensure system compliance
- Create tests for various system components
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders as needed
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years hands-on and in-depth software development experience (including 1+ years of Java development)
- Expertise in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Java applications deployed on Linux systems; preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in TCP/IP networking configuration, security, and troubleshooting
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose and Stack, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Experience with configuring instances and deployments using Ansible
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, ELB, security groups, IAM, S3, RDS, CloudWatch
- Experience with aggregations and queries in ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with distributed computing architectures, microservices, RDBMS, No-SQL Data Stores is a plus
- Experience with distributed messaging systems (Apache Kafka) is a plus
- Experience with data analytics or machine learning is a plus
- Desire to work in an Agile development lab environment
The TransVoyant team designs, develops and launches solutions that provide better future outcomes—for individuals, for businesses, and for nations. We are innovative and truly love what we do and need more smart and dedicated people on our team. Team members enjoy highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, 100% 401k matches, unlimited vacation days, social outings and professional development opportunities.