TransVoyant is seeking a high-performing Electrical Engineer Journeyman to join our team supporting the U.S. Special Operations Command in Tampa, FL. Must be a U.S. citizen. Active Secret Clearance is required.
Provide multidisciplinary engineering work to determine the technical needs in the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, sub-systems, support systems, or equipment items. Examples of tasks required to perform include:
- Apply a number of diverse engineering practices, techniques, and processes to identify and resolve difficult issues, as well as ensure resolutions are consistent with program objectives, existing policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate various phases of work with other functional disciplines and interpret/translate engineering requirements into design characteristics and criteria.
- Help plan, analyze, and evaluate engineering and technical efforts used to define system / subsystem requirements, translate requirements into design criteria, assess alternative design approaches, and develop system specifications.
- Help identify human factors necessary to operate, maintain, support, and control equipment / systems during the basic design and development stages.
- Analyze system/equipment to ensure it is operational when needed, will perform assigned mission successfully, and can be operated and supported economically throughout its lifecycle.
- Help determine the means to advance projects and evaluate significant modifications to production methods or materials due to changes in requirements, technological advances, or shortcomings in design and/or performance.
- Evaluate and recommend procedures and innovative techniques and methods.
- Help manage program risk and recommend steps to mitigate unacceptable risk throughout the life cycle.
- Develop, in support of engineering reviews and/or panels, evaluations and technical justifications of feasibility.
- Present briefings and develop technical reports to document progress and results.
- Analyze and study performance requirements against a wide range of diverse considerations, including safety and human factors, technical risks, functionality, reliability, failure analysis, quality assurance, cost, and environmental impact.
- Assist in the evaluation of technology, components, and systems by developing evaluation criteria, performing evaluations, and documenting results.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience working technical projects and rapid support to advanced technologies
TransVoyant delivers our customers continuous insights to increase revenues, reduce costs and manage risks by combining the current and future behavior of their enterprises, their ecosystems and they dynamic world around them. We are innovative, creative, focused on customer success and love what we do. Team members enjoy highly competitive compensation, a fast-growing and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits, 100% 401k matches, unlimited vacation days and professional development opportunities.